- 1 5-6 pound Boston Butt
- 1 jar Ocean State Pepper Company Cool Rubbings Seasoning (you can also use a jar of Walker’s Wood Jamaican Jerk Seasoning)
- Apple juice, I use Simply Apple
- Aluminum Pan, disposable
- Tin foil
- Set grill for indirect heat, I use a Recteq pellet grill set at 250°
- Trim your Boston butt and season with 3/4 the bottle of Cool Rubbings. If using Walker’s Wood, use 1/2 jar.
- Place Boston butt directly on grill grates until an internal temperature of 165° is reached. Usually takes several hours.
- Once 165° has been reached, place Boston butt into aluminum pan with apple juice. Cover with foil.
- Continue cooking until internal temp of 203° has been reached or probe slides like butter through the Boston butt.
- Once temp has been reached, pull off grill and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Once rested, pull pork and sprinkle in remaining Cool Rubbings seasoning. Use discretion if using a different seasoning.